1. Client Relationship Building and Business Opportunity Management
Attorneys can keep-up-to-date with recent patent cases, quickly grasp the current litigation market situation, and respond to any client issues immediately. Additionally, Litigation Daily helps attorneys to provide suitable professional services and support to their clients accordingly.
2. Foresee Litigation Issues
Stay ahead of the game and exercise caution when dealing with the litigation market with recent patent cases. Litigation Daily can be used to foresee any future litigation issues that may affect your business, thus allowing you to stay prepared at all times.
Sign up to Patent Search to uncover all of the patent data for related affiliates.
When the number of patents owned is displayed as 0, it may indicate:
- The plaintiff is not the patent owner, but has the exclusive licensing authority.
- The patent assignment data has not yet being registered at USPTO
- We only provide data that can be retrieved online, which are the patents granted after 2003. Therefore, the specific patent you are looking into may have been granted before 2003.
- The patent at issue may simply have no rejections.
This column shows on average 90% of recent patent cases filed within the last 35 days.
Defendant (# of Patents Owned):
The defendant(s) in the district court case and the estimated number of patents in the portfolio.
Plaintiff (# of Patents Owned):
The plaintiff(s) in the district court case and the estimated number of patents in the portfolio.
Petitioner (# of Patents Owned):
The petitioner(s) in the PTAB case and the estimated number of patents in the portfolio.
Patent Owners (# of Patents Owned):
The owner(s) of the patent(s) at issue in the PTAB case and the estimated number of patents in the portfolio.
Respondent (# of Patents Owned):
The respondent(s) in the ITC case and the estimated number of patents in the portfolio.
The patent number(s) of the patent(s) at issue.
# of Rejection(s):
The total number of rejections received by the patent at issue during prosecution, including final rejections, non-final rejections, and RCE.
The total number of proceedings that involved the patent at issue. Click on the links to access an overview of essential details such as case numbers, EPR, IPR, CBM, and PGR. Detailed reports from Quality Insights are also available.
Novelty & Eligibility Issues:
The validity issues of the patent at issue.
§ 102 Ref. in History:
§ 102 prior art references identified by Patentcloud’s algorithm in relation to the patent at issue.
§ 103 Ref. in History:
§ 103 prior art references identified by Patentcloud’s algorithm in relation to the patent at issue.
Quality Insights of Litigated Patents:
Click on the “view” button to access an auto-generated prior art report. To discover more about what’s included in the reports, click here.
- Court: Enables you to select the location/ court you are interested in.
- Case Filing Date: View cases of the day or cases from the past 7 days.
- Quality Issue Pie Chart: Shows you the ratio of patents with quality issues.
- Quality Issue Bar Chart: Identifies the validity issues of the patents of the selected case filing date.
- Patent Number: Shows you the full-text of the particular patent.
Sign up for in-depth patent details, including the full-text, legal status, current assignee, patent family, citations, assignment data, and even the original document.
- Number of Rejections (Non-final, Final and RCE) and Related Proceedings (PTAB and Reexamination): Provides you with the patent’s full event history, including the prosecution and post-grant history.
Sign up for all §102 and §103 prior art references, including the full-text information.
- Number of Patents Owned: Identifies the total number of patents and shows all of the patents belonging to this particular current assignee.
- Quality Insights of Litigated Patents: Click “view” for information of the particular patent’s full event history, prior art references, and file wrapper data.